Tuesday 10 May 2011

"And the winner of the quick reaction, but in decidedly questionable taste award goes to...."
















Yes, that is a 1/285th scale model of Osama Bin Laden's Pakistan compound from Gamecraft miniatures.

Bear with me here, I was no fan of the late Bin Laden, but I have some questions for you folks:

Who the hell will buy this? I can understand re-enacting instances of historical interest, but seriously...

What's next from gamecraft, a diorama of Hitler's dead family in 1/56th scale? A Board game called 'The Grassy knoll?'

Am I just being prudish, or is this totally mental?!?

In the interests of fairness, I feel that some mention should be made of the high level of detail in this model. One feature in particular makes this model strikingly true to life:

If you look at the compound very, very closely, then you'll notice that Osama Bin Laden isn't there.

In all seriousness, Kudos to gamecraft. It must have taken serious cajones to go ahead with this project!

No comments: